Technology Requirements for Online Classes
- Students MUST have access to a high speed internet connection (at least 10 Mbps download speed).
- If you don’t know what your internet speed is, click here to test.
Computer Hardware Requirements:
- Students must have a computer with the Windows 10 operating system that can run the desktop student version of the CAD programs used in our courses.
- System requirements can be found below:
- NOTE: For the Summer, we are still using Autodesk 2020 versioned products. In the Fall, we will switch to 2021 products. Please make sure to check the correct system requirements for your semester.
Summer Semester (Autodesk 2020 Products):
Fall Semester (Autodesk 2021 Products):
- Online meetings require a computer to have a web camera with audio capabilities (or telephone for audio).
- Students also need a standard mouse with a scroll wheel to effectively work in the CAD programs used in our courses. This includes laptops because track pads are just not conducive to working in CAD software.
- The CAD programs used in our courses only run on the Windows operating system.
- They will not run on a Chromebook.
- Mac users will need either Apple Boot Camp or Parallels installed to run the required CAD program.
- A free student version of the CAD program your course uses can be downloaded by joining the Autodesk Student Community.
- More information about the educational downloads can be found here .
- A dual monitor display setup is strongly recommended.
If you don’t have access to the technology required for this course, please click one of the buttons below to request help.