Below is a list of links to organizations associated with CAD and CAD-related disciplines. Many of these organizations offer memberships, scholarships, contests, conferences, and a variety of other tools to help you succeed academically and professionally. Please take some time to explore the organizations below and find opportunities that might benefit you!
- American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is dedicated to serving designers, drafters, drafting managers, instructors, and students of design and drafting.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) is dedicated to serving its members, advancing their value, and improving the quality of the built environment (see also Texas Society of Architects).
- American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) is dedicated to providing unmatched programs, information, and resources on issues critical to architectural education.
- American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) is dedicated to providing its members with educational resources and to develop a nationwide design standard and a code of ethics for the building design profession.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is dedicated to administering and coordinating the U.S. voluntary standards and conformity assessment system by collaborating with stakeholders from industry and government to identify and develop standards and conformance-based solutions to national and global priorities.
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is dedicated to promoting and improving engineering and engineering technology education.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is dedicated to the advancement of the science and profession of civil engineering and the enhancement of human welfare through the activities of society members.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is dedicated to the art, science, and practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around the globe.
- Association for Computer-Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA) is dedicated to the promotion of communication and critical thinking regarding the use of computers in architecture, planning, and building science.
- Association for Computing Machinery’s Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (ACM SIGGRAPH) is dedicated to generating, sharing information on computer graphics, interactive techniques, and also sponsors the annual SIGGRAPH conference.
- Association of Professional Model Makers (APMM) is dedicated to securing the future of model making while honoring traditional methods as an essential component in the design and development process across industries.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is dedicated to the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering, and allied disciplines.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) is dedicated to improving mobility and safety for all transportation system users and help build smart and livable communities.
- International Design and Engineering Education Association (IDEEA) is dedicated to developing the engineers and designers of the future in upcoming technologies relevant to mobility, product development, and industry.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is dedicated to worldwide proprietary, industrial, and commercial standards.
- National CAD Standard (NCS) is dedicated to creating a unified approach to the creation of building design data (see also buildingSMART).
- SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry professionals working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) is dedicated to helping manufacturers innovate, grow, and prosper by promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce, and connecting the manufacturing industry.