SolidWorks Student Download
1. Go to http://www.solidworks.com/sw/education/SDL_form.html
2. Fill out the form:
a. See your instructor to receive School License ID (SDK-ID).
b. Select the “Version” you are currently using in class (currently 2013-2014)
c. “VAR Name” is optional and can be left blank.
d. Use an email address that you actually check (it doesn’t have to be a .EDU address) – an email will be sent to you with your serial number, which is required for installation.
3. Click “Request Download” when you’re done.
4. Read and accept the terms & conditions.
5. Download the appropriate version for your Windows computer, 32 or 64-bit. If you aren’t sure which version you’re running, follow these steps:
a. If you’re using Windows XP, you most likely have 32-bit, and can safely download that version.
b. If you’re using Vista or Windows 7, go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218 and follow the steps to determine your version.
6. SolidWorks will send you an email with your individual serial number, so you can move on to the installation!
1. Run the downloaded file, “SolidWorksSetup.exe”
2. When prompted, unzip the file to a convenient location, such as your Desktop or Downloads folder (this is NOT where the program will actually be installed).
3. If the installation didn’t start automatically, open the “sldim” folder in the location you chose in Step 2, and run the file “sldim.exe”. This is the actual installer for SolidWorks.
4. Choose “Individual (on this computer)” on the opening screen, then click Next.
5. Enter the serial number from the SolidWorks email you should have received, click Next, and continue through the installation.
Last Updated: 7/9/2013